Friday, November 14, 2008





MAMA'S ANSWER

So tender was her touch


With a voice as soft as dew


For me, knew just the 'one'


The answer, yes mama knew.

I was but young, a child


Such questions oh had I 'Twas mama that


I sought - An answer from the wise.

I asked, ' Dear mama, tell An answer


I must know The reason for the rain, - Rivers flood and overflow.........'

' Why earthquakes do appear


To crack so cruel the earth.....


Why babies being born,


Some marred when given birth.......? '

' What purpose for a tear,


The one from hurt will bring.....


What reason for the bee


For little ole' me, to sting.......? '

' How come the snakes to crawl,


With bite so fierce, 'tis sad.....


What reason for the skunk


To give a smell so bad............? '

' Why do those ants so red


Leave marks upon my arm......


They never stay upon


Their home on their Ant Farm.......? '

' What reason lightning bolts


To cut a tree in half......


Why do we have that strange


Tall, long-necked Giraffe..........? '

' Why does a rainbow come


To shine, then disappear.....


Why can't we all feel good,


No sorrow, pain or fear.............? '

Then mama smiled so sweet,


And took my hand so small


For mama's answer was.......
' In Heaven we will understand it all. '


No comments: